Hello everyone, Long time no post, as some like to say. And the last post was announcing my 7DRL, which may look like it was a runaway project. I did however change the project status to “Failure” when the time was up, a gesture that – by folks at RLR – meant I cared. And I did. I still do. This article is meant to be the usual post-mortem of a software project, highlighting both good and bad things that happened.
Hello visitors, As with last year, I’m taking part in the 7 Day Roguelike Challenge. Last time my game was a simple twist on the roguelike formula, making it more into an action game than a deep tactical stuff. I’ve also used a modified code from the python+libtcod tutorial that almost everyone and they mother used by now. However, this was pretty much my first game jam, and I have been doing any coding for only about 6 months back then.